Neodymium magnets are surprisingly strong for their size. These magnets are triple coated nickel-copper-nickel for good corrosion resistance and magnetised axially giving a north pole on one flat face and a south pole on the opposite.
- Pack contains x100 modelling magnets.
- Magnets measure 3mm x 1mm
- The North and south poles are on the flat faces
- Each magnet has a vertical pull of 137g flush to a mild steel surface
- High grade N52 (NdFeB) neodymium magnets
- Fits inside the recess of the White Dragon Miniatures Bases range
IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTE: Neodymium magnets can be harmful if inhaled or swallowed so please store them safely out of reach of children. For children’s projects use them strictly under adult supervision.
Neodymium Magnet is the strongest type of permanent magnet commercially available. They have replaced other types of magnet in the many applications in modern products that require strong permanent magnets.
The references N35 and N52 are a measurement for the quality of the magnet material. The higher the grade (the number following the 'N'), the stronger the magnet. These will explain two things:
- How much "magnetic energy" per volume is contained in this magnet material
- Up to what temperature the magnet can be used
Magnets that begin with an "N" should be used up to 80°C (176°F).
The highest grade of neodymium magnet currently available is N52.